Skip to main content

What / Where I Ate in San Francisco, California, U.S.A. - BOUDIN BAKERY CAFE

They say when in San Francisco, a first-time tourist must not miss having a bite of the famous and original San Francisco sourdough at BOUDIN Bakery Cafe!


But first, let's get to know: What is a SOURDOUGH?




Upon stepping inside the bakery cafe, we were greeted with a melange of merchandise, food and non-food.  But the yummy treats on the bakery counter have initially caught my attention.  Aside from being hungry that time, I was wowed with the sight of everything-delicious pastries.  


And to our surprise, they have this conveyor, installed on the ceiling that transported metallic baskets of bread across the entire cafe/bakery / souvenir shop.



When in a new restaurant or cafe, ordering for food is not totally that arduous.  I guess I have said this in my other blog posts, that when dining first time in an eating establishment, it is a no-brainer to order for the BESTSELLER, the cream of the crop from the menu.


This is the BOUDIN CAFE ordering area.  From the recommended BEST OF BOUDIN chart, I opted for the Bowl of Soup / Half Sandwich and my officemate Sheynne, ordered for the Bowl of Soup / Small Salad which we both planned out for us to share during chowtime.



While waiting for our number to be called out, I looked at the souvenir items area and snapped some of the items which I was quite interested in.  I did not have excess dollars to purchase their seemingly pricey (I was on a tight budget) stuff.



I love restaurants, cafes or even fast-food houses which have an open kitchen and allows transparency on the food preparation processes.  This brilliant architectural and modern layout ensures the customers that confidence that the food they are about to engulf is clean, fresh and delicious.


Here's a what we ordered.  Water was my choice of drink.



My Ratings:
Cafe / Bakery Chain Concept = 10 of 10
Menu Options = 8 of 10 
Food Serving Size = 10 of 10
Sourdough = 10 of 10
Overall Food Taste = 9 of 10
Cafe /Bakery Chain Lay-Out and Interior Designing = 8 of 10
Size of Cafe = 7 of 10
Counter Lay-Out = 9 of 10
Restaurant Lighting = 10 of 10 
(natural daylight was everywhere) 
Ambiance = 8 of 10
Services of Staff = 9 of 10 
(though you see them at the cafe and bakery counters only, service was quick)
Money Value = 9 of 10 
( mainly because of the food taste and food serving size)

OVERALL RATING = 89.2% Recommended


This particular branch of BOUDIN BAKERY CAFE is located at:


Boudin at Fisherman's Wharf

160 Jefferson St., Lower Level 

San Francisco, CA 94133 

415-928-1849



Sun - Thur: 8 am - 10 pm
Fri - Sat: 8 am - 10:30 pm



All photos were taken using a Samsung S Duos cell phone.


Travel and Eat good food, every day!

Comments

View my food journey on Zomato!

Follow Me on ZOMATO!

View my food journey on Zomato!

Popular posts from this blog

Something Korean + Japanese in Doha, Qatar - LITTLE YEE HWA RESTAURANT

Food Quest: The Search for the Hottest Instant Noodles (made in Asia) from the Supermarkets in Cebu City

My First Tea Party Ever: TEA LEAVES & THYME in Woodstock, Georgia, U.S.A.