Skip to main content

Food Review: Gourmet Picks Potato Chips by Oishi

Let me begin this post by asking a question, what is a Junk Food?


As defined by wikipedia.com, Junk food is a pejorative term for cheap food containing high levels of calories fromsugar or fat with little fiberproteinvitamins or minerals.



Despite being labeled as "junk," such foods usually do not pose any immediate health concerns and are generally safe when integrated into a well balanced diet.


Potato chips basically categorized as Junk Food.  And one of the big brands now in the Philippines offering a wide array of potato chips choices at very affordable prices and with flavors that would get you hooked with their junkies, is OISHI.

From the two variants of Gourmet Picks from Oishi, the WASABI & NORI flavor is my favorite, mainly because I love wasabi and the flavor is very detectable in this variant, even with one bite.  The flavor is well-blended and the amount of spiciness is sufficient.  Perfect flavor for the wasabi-fanatic individuals.



The pale yellow potato chips with green specks of herb is the WASABI & NORI flavor.  
My rating is 9 of 10.


 I personally love kimchi, but Gourmet Picks' KIMCHI flavor does not have a good rendition of the well-loved side dish of the Koreans.  It lacked the spiciness and that "fermented" taste of the real kimchi. My rating for this flavor is 5 of 10.


Eat good food, everyday!

Comments

View my food journey on Zomato!

Follow Me on ZOMATO!

View my food journey on Zomato!

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Gathering for the Launching of the Pinoy Grand Dinner Buffet at KISH MISH

What / Where I Ate - Mang Inasal

Tea and Coffee Brewer from THE BREW COMPANY QATAR